Are you an Experienced Transcriber?
Interested in joining the Alphabet Team?
We always welcome applications from suitable professionals who would like to work for a growing and dynamic transcription company. If you are a professional transcriber or proof reader who has experience working with a diverse range of material, we’d love to hear from you.
Would you like to earn a bonus for being our transcriber of the month? How about being rewarded for your hard work and going that extra mile at the end of the year, with a Christmas bonus? Or better still, refer a friend, and if they cut the mustard, then would a reward be welcome for the referral?
These are some of the ways we like to reward our team for their loyalty. It lets them know they are valued members of our fabulous Transcription Team.
Please note: we can only accept online applications and it essential that applicants have English as a first language.
How the application process works:
- Please complete the online form and upload your CV.
- As part of the process you will be asked to complete a grammar exercise and transcribe a short sound file to assess whether you have the ability to listen and interpret the speech you hear.
- All potential transcribers must have the relevant transcription software and equipment that enables the production of any sound file, particularly MP3, WAV, WMA, DSS and DVF, including a broadband connection, with your own email account. Virus and spyware software must be installed and operating on your computer at all times when working for Alphabet.
- Suitable cupping headphones are also required, such as Plantronics or Beyerdynamic, and you will be required to use these types of headphones to enable proper transcription of sound files. BOSE are our preferred headphones supplier, as they produce excellent results.
- If you are successful in joining the Alphabet Team, you will be asked to sign a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement.
Please note, our team of transcribers and proof readers must be registered as self-employed, and are responsible for paying all applicable NI contributions and Income Tax.
We receive a large amount of enquiries, and unfortunately cannot contact everyone who applies. If you have not heard from us within 7 working days, you have been unsuccessful. We will only accept applications that are submitted by entering the relevant details below (please complete all fields):
No telephone calls please.