Information on this website, operated by Alphabet Secretarial Services trading as Alphabet Transcription Specialists, is provided on an as-is information resource basis with no warranty of suitability for any particular purpose. Whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy (including pricing), all errors and omissions are accepted and some may remain.
Whilst Alphabet Transcription Specialists endeavour to provide access to this website at any time to any person, availability cannot be guaranteed due to the possibility of third party downtime, upgrades, maintenance or other disruptions. Alphabet Transcription Specialists reserve the right to block access to the website to any individuals, organisations or countries as it deems appropriate or necessary.
This website may contain links to third party websites, many of which are not affiliated with, or operated by, Alphabet Transcription Specialists. As such, Alphabet Transcription Specialists does not accept any responsibly whatsoever for the content on these websites or service availability.
Copying of any content published on this website is strictly PROHIBITED without prior written consent from Alphabet Transcription Specialists. All content is subject to copyright.
You must not use this website in any way that disrupts service provision, causes damage (physical or virtual) to any third party, including Alphabet Transcription Specialists. This includes but is not limited to viruses, illegal or malicious activity.
Alphabet Transcription Specialists is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Alphabet Transcription Specialists may change this policy from time-to-time by updating this page. You should check this page from time-to-time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01.11.17.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode.
- other information relevant to our transcription services business.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time-to-time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, telephone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website, according to your business area.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties, which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
All work carried out by Alphabet Secretarial Services, trading as Alphabet Transcription Specialists, is subject to the following Terms & Conditions. Please read this information prior to using our services and no variations of these Terms & Conditions shall apply unless confirmed in writing by Alphabet Secretarial Services.
- Alphabet Transcription Specialists shall be known as the Service Provider.
- Client is any individual, company or organisation who engages and utilises the services of the Service Provider.
- Services are tasks or duties deemed necessary by the Service Provider in delivering Clients’ transcripts.
- Client material means any documentation, digital, analogue or video recording, but not limited to.
- The supply of all services shall be subject to these Terms & Conditions. Any Client must complete and submit online the Service Provider’s Booking Form to ensure their project booking. Any Client who verbally or provides in writing a request for the Service Provider’s services, is also bound by these Terms & Conditions in all instances.
- Transcripts shall be provided to the Client by the Service Provider. The Service Provider reserves the right to alter turnaround times and rate quoted due to what is deemed poor quality or difficult quality recordings, unforeseen circumstances, including illness, quantities, clarity and any other issues not within our control. Poor quality or difficult quality recordings will incur additional charges. The Service Provider reserves the right to add additional charges, depending on the extra time taken if the aforementioned arise.
- The Client assumes full responsibility for ensuring accuracy of services provided. The Client must inform the Service Provider in writing within 36 hours of receipt of transcripts that errors or omissions have occurred, and it is the Service Provider’s responsibility to rectify free of charge. The Service Provider bears no responsibility for any errors arising in final copies of a completed transcript or any loss, damages, costs, expenses or liability suffered by a Client and arising from a Client’s subsequent use of any documentation produced or the use of any Client material by the Service Provider in the transcription process.
- The Service Provider will submit all invoices online to the Client. It is the Client’s responsibility to authorise any said invoices and pass to relevant accounts personnel for payment. The Service Provider’s payment terms are due immediately upon completion unless account facilities have been agreed by the Service Provider. Payment terms for Clients with accounts are strictly 14 days of invoice date, unless agreed otherwise. For private individuals payment of cleared funds is required upfront before the Service Provider will commence the transcription process.
- 24-hour turnaround or weekend working will incur an additional 30% on invoice totals.
- Late payment of invoices will incur additional charges. Interest will be charged on overdue amounts at a rate of 8% above base rate on the outstanding balance from the date of invoice until full payment has been received. A compensation payment will be charged arising from late payment, under the late payment of commercial debt regulations 1998.
- A surcharge of £25.00 +VAT will be administered on invoice totals upon each instance for chasing late invoices.
- All rates quoted are not including VAT. VAT is added to all invoice totals at the prevailing rate.
- Payments are not deemed to have been received until the Service Provider has received cleared funds.
- Payments via PayPal incur a 6% surcharge on invoice totals.
- Overseas Clients agree to payment in British Pounds Sterling (GBP) and the Service Provider will not bear the cost of conversion rates.
- The Client agrees to cancel any given project in a timely fashion. The Service Provider will not accept cancellation of any given project, unless notified in writing by the Client. Any work that has been completed by the Service Provider will be paid for in full by the Client.
- The Service Provider shall not be required to print or produce any documentation which the Service Provider considers to be of an illegal or libellous nature. The Client shall indemnify the Service Provider in respect of any loss, costs, damages, including legal fees, expenses or any other claims suffered by the Service Provider and arising out of any libellous or illegal matter contained in any material printed or produced by the Client.
- The Service Provider will undertake to keep all information supplied by the Client strictly confidential and not disclose any information to third parties (other than to the Service Provider’s transcribers, proof readers and admin personnel) without the written permission of the Client, unless the Service Provider is requested to do so by a court of competent jurisdiction or by a Government or Regulatory Authority.
- All transcribers, proof readers and admin personnel are required to sign a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement. The Service Provider will, on occasions, sign a Client’s confidentiality agreement, if required.
- All recordings are fully encrypted when being uploaded to the Service Provider’s web portal. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure copies of all recordings are kept secure at their location, and all recordings are deleted from the Service Provider’s web portal after 14 days. The Service Provider does not accept any liability in the unforeseen event of a third party accessing any Client’s material.
- The Service Provider is registered under the Data Protection Act.
- The Service Provider has full scanning facilities for viruses and all documents are scanned. The Service Provider will not open unsolicited attachments and emails that are not self-explanatory. It is the Client’s responsibility to scan emails and attachments received from the Service Provider and we will not accept any liability or responsibility for these.
- Postage and packing will be charged to the Client in the event Client material has to be returned via the post or courier service. The Service Provider bears no responsibility or liability for any Client material that goes astray in the postal or courier system.
- The Client agrees to keep backup copies of all client material and the Service Provider does not offer a storage facility.
- The Client will indemnify the Service Provider in full against all losses, costs and expenses, including, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, legal fees, incurred as a result of any claim by any third party that the Service Provider has breached any intellectual property rights or any third party’s rights in confidential information in carrying out any of the Client’s instructions in relation to the services.
- The Service Provider and Client irrevocably agree that the courts of England have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these Terms & Conditions.